Sunday, April 25, 2010

To wrap up the first week...

On Friday the early risers completed their first week of Crossfit metabolic conditioning with a workout that incorporated most of the movements we'd been learning in the warm ups prior to the WOD.

Before the WOD Gareth demonstrated the hang clean and the hang snatch with just a PVC pipe.

Then to the workout:

Friday 23 April

1 round
All lifts performed with empty 45# bar
Run 400m
40x Back squats
40x Front squats
40x Overhead squats
Run 400m
40x Shoulder press
40x Push press
40x Push jerks
Run 400m
40x Hang power cleans
40x Hang power snatch
Run 400m
The run was around 300m but this was still a killer workout! Time: 22':48"
I took a reluctant break yesterday (from Angie) to rest my legs for the 40 mile bike ride I wanted to do today. Now my legs are cooked. Its been a good first week although because I've not been able to get to some of the sessions, I have sort of missed out on the heavy lift days. But I'm sure it will all even out eventually. Especially when I get the Oxfordshire 60 miler and the Trail X 10 mile off road run out of the way in the next 2-3 weeks. Love being a part of this gym. Can't wait 'til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment